Join me at the
6th Annual East of the River Book Festival
1901 Mississippi Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20032
Saturday, October 5, 2019, 11:00 am-4:00 pm
* Reading and Writer's Workshop sponsored by the Northern Virginia Chapter of Jack & Jill of America in McLean, VA
*Literary Exposition sponsored by the Federal City Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. inWashington, DC
* Prince George's County Book Festival in Landover, MD
*Black History Month Program sponsored by the Multicultural Book Club of Woodbridge, VA. Meet the author and book signing event for participants.
* Youth Night Food Pantry Fundraiser sponsored by the Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church in Fort Deposit, AL. Meet the author and book signing event for attendees.
* Career Day at Brandywine Elementary School in Brandywine, MD. Meet the author and book discussion event.
* East of the River Book Festival Washington, DC. Opportunity to meet and interact with several local authors.
* Father's Day Program for the Sunday School of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church in Northeast DC. Discussion of the story behind the book, which focused on the importance of males in the lives of young people. Meet the author and book signing opportunity for participants.
* Back to School Event at the Bellevue Public Library in Southeast DC. Meet the author and book signing by both the author and main character, Benjamin Turner.
*Meet-the-Author Book Club Event hosted by the Friendship Baptist Church Spiritual Seekers Book Club. Book signing and discussion with book club members and invited guests. It was a great trip down memory lane for many native Washingtonians, especially those who grew up in the old Southwest DC! Benjamin Turner was on hand to personally sign copies of the book.
*Official Book Launch at Busboys & Poets in Hyattsville, MD Book signing by author and the main character of Pitch Black